Cold Steel Trail Boss Axe, 27 Inch
The CS90TA-BRK Trail Boss is a popular gardening axe. It's created by Cold Steel, who have made quite a few other gardening axes in the past few years. This review will attempt to create a product comparison with other axes that are similar. Relevant data will also be provided for this gardening axe which should make it a bit easier to determine if it's worth purchasing for you. Looking for some more detailed data on this item? You can find it here
This product is amongst the most popular gardening axes
. Our data shows that it is more popular than most of items in the same category within our database. If you look at the user reviews, you'll be able to get a good set of judgements on the item before you purchase.
4.8 out of 5
4.7 out of 5
4 out of 5
- Hawk Length: 6 1/2 - Inch
- Handle: American Hickory
- Overall Length: 26 - Inch
- Steel: Drop Forged 1055 Carbon
- Primary Edge: 4 1/2 - Inch
- Weight: 2.70 lbs.
- Drop Forged 1055 Carbon Steel
- Featuring a 1 3/4# head on a 24" hickory handle
- Our genuine leather blade sheath is included for your safety
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55 and we target 1-1/4 inches from the cutting edge.
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge. The serrated shape improves bite and the aluminum choice of material is strong, lightweight and does not change size with moisture content.
- steel head. Made in USA. Hand sharpened double bits for cutting and splitting, sharpened in the same
- Drake Off Road Natural steel finish on head and cutting edges coated in clear lacquer to deter rust.
- 36? double-bit American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening.
|Brand:||Cold Steel||Snow & Nealley||Council Tool|
As of Mar 16 2020 11:19AM PST (details)
As of Dec 23 2017 10:21PM PST (details)
As of Mar 18 2020 9:15PM PST (details)
Lower means more popular
User ReviewsClick here
to view the detailed list of user reviews on this product. Below you will see a few small excerpts taken from an editorial review for this product:
Construction: 1055 high carbon steel; weight: 41.5; overall: 27"; blade: carbon steel L standard edge; handle: brown L wood; other info: 6 1/2" Axe head with 4 1/2" cutting edge. Genuine Hickory handle. Light and compact, yet extremely tough. Extensively field tested. Bulk packed.
... show full review
The majority of customers that buy the CS90TA-BRK Trail Boss will also buy other similar items as well. Some of these may be of interest to you. The items shown below were usually bought at the same time as this gardening axe.
A 4.8 out of 5 score means the CS90TA-BRK Trail Boss is surely worth taking a look at. You may need to carry out some additional research so that you can buy this item. The customer reviews
are definitely worth taking a look at. Even though we have granted this item a fairly high ranking, it's always best to see what other consumers think about it. Amazon.com
gives the greatest bargains, so it's normally an excellent strategy to shop from there whenever you require anything.